Sunday, August 24, 2008

AND THAT WAS SUMMER

Hi everyone!
Its been a fun filled summer traveling from city to city, country to country and really getting to see Americanadexico.
One thing that stood out through all this is that thread that runs thru us all- love. Divine love.
As we traveled to many cities in our big yellow buses with Krishna.com on the top, so many ppl honked, waved, stopped to ask questions, etc etc.
A band of rag-tag transcendentalists we were and that wasn't passing anyone by.
And for me this was an opportunity to share my lifestyle with others.
There were about fifty of us and we all lived together fro 9 weeks on two buses. Oh man, sometimes we all wanted to hit the next person, and other times we all wanted to embrace the next person. By the end of the tour, we had formed a bond; we had all gone out of our normal lives and lived for Krishna's pleasure.
It showed too! During our performances people cried and cheered and danced and stood stunned and ate and everything in between.
"Henceforward," I'm basically gonna write what comes to mind and not try to be all literary and stuff eh?
So there was wild blueberry picking up by serpent river in Canada and then rasberry pickin in Saranagati, then more blueberry pickin in Vancouver. Everytime I was in those fields I wondered what it would be like to be picking such awesome fruits with Krishna. Can you imagine? God has his little basket and you have yours and the both of you just berry fest allllll day long. Or bunjee jumping ans whitewater rafting with Krishna. Jeeeeze.
Then there was that one night we had Smores! YUMMMY TUMMY SMORES!
And then to every strangers amazement... those people... dancing in the streets! yup, we did that too.
And camping at Yosemite and beaching in Mexico, cooling off in Maine, heating up in Utah, soakng up detroits rainy festival weather.... I'll go on and on and on.

My favorite was being in Nova Scotia. The people were soooo nice I thought I had died and gone to niceland. As we walked downtown St. Andrew's people were stoppign and welcoming us to their little town of Andrew-helm how still we see theee lie, I mean uh.. we went whale watching and had some amazing soup on the boat (literally, when someone spilled their's)
Bhagavad Gita was a hit that afternoon as I distributed four in ten minutes- seriously.
Then all the other fun stuff that I'm tooo tired to write about like being in DC or LA or NYC or driving and watching the northern most lights not turn dark.
Ok I'll be back with pictures and what not

No comments: