Thursday, February 19, 2009

On the Road Again



OK.
I'm back thanks to another push from Jackson. "Whats going on in YOUR life Kesh?" Just some "monkin' business? Do tell..."
So, the winter months just totally kicked my robes, I've taken two more monks under my care; or more like I get to think I'm the boss every now and then. Luckily, in our philosophy we're all loving servants of each other and ultimately, of the Supreme Lovable, Krishna. Training new monks, adventures with the police in Bible Belt villes, giving lectures, cooking a lot- especially this of late love affair with corn bread and fried okra...
Most of all I've been growing within. Looking at the world around me and wanting to share a simplier space and time with each individual I meet has awakened in me a need to go out on the road and share this wonderful time with as many others as possible.
The order Given five hundred years ago By Lord Caitanya was to make every living being fortunate by giving them a glimpse of India's spiritual wisdom. When I look at the western world and all its development in terms of technology, or science or whatever other craze people are after, yet still unsatisfied, I can't help but wonder how, the people of this so called third world place are so happy! Its an inner satisfaction I see when walking around the villages of Vraj. And then it dawns on me. This is what has been given to me, a true sense of peace; one that I'm now obliged to share with whoever I meet, whereever I may meet them. So come next week I'm on the road, and meeting and sharing is what I plan to do.
Hope this is a good start Jackson... I'll write more soon. I'll be back on track in no time. Twice a week, something new.
Just consider me coming out of hybernation at the moment.
And guess what? First stop... In your neigbhorhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whooo! Coming to G-ville?

Also, thanks, it's good to know what you're up to! I'm glad I got you writing again =).