Wednesday, September 23, 2009

When In Tennessee

Before going to India this year I decided to take some time and visit some amazing Devotees I've known over the  years. Our great teacher Sri Krsna Caitanya stressed that association is very important for a person's spiritual growth, and that even a moment of association with saintly persons can put one on the path of Spiritual perfection. The devotees in Nashville are a group of families who meet twice a week- Friday and Sunday for reading together, chanting Hare Krsna and of Course eating food cooked with deep love for Krishna.
The saying "mother's cooking" is definitely a reality in Tennessee since a huge percent of the devotee ladies here are moms.
For a monk austerity is absolutely necessary, but coming to Tennessee shows a different side of monastic life for me- allowing others to care and give their love. It's come to a point now where I can recognize who cooked what simply by taste.
With the permission of one of the families I stay with I took some pictures of their garden and some surrounding areas of Nashville, and would like to share it with my bloggers. Next stop will be New York, and after that India next Tuesday. I do ask that you all say a little prayer for me, so that I may continue this service of sharing Krsna Consciousness wherever I go and with whoever I meet :)