Saturday, October 10, 2009

AT THE FOOT OF A HILL

SATAM PRASANGAT




There's a famous saying, a man is known by the company he keeps. Lately the company I've been allowed to associate is more than I could ever claim to deserve. I was praying to go deeper in my spiritual life and make some substantial advancement that I could use to help uplift the consciousness of others. Little did I know that Krsna's mean motive is to bring all of us back to his association in the spiritual world, therefore when one desires to help in that mission, He rapidly sees to it that the right arrangement is made for such persons.

Here in Vrindavan, or should I say here at the foot of Govardhana, the program is definitely surcharged with Spiritual energy. In the association of people who are my heroes in spiritual life, the bliss flows uninhibitedly. Apart from waking up by 2:30 every morning to chant Japa, we have readings from 1- 2 pm and from 4-7pm daily. The discussions are so intense that sometimes I feel like I've been working in a cotton field. It's a beautiful experience watching and listening to devotees who have given 30+ years of their lives share their realizations and experiences.



The monks here are so happy! There's such purity at the foot of Govardhana and I feel completely unqualified to be here. But Krsna consciousness is a rare gift and the only price one can pay to get that gift is one's intense eagerness. So unqualified I may be, but I'm sticking with this association until I drown in Mercy.