Monday, May 26, 2008

AH!

That was my expression as I walked off the porch into the thunderstorm a few minutes ago. The day had started nice and warm on the farm and after I made lunch for the devotees I decided to sit and chant in the doorway for a few minutes. Rain clouds began to gather and I began speculating if the color of the cloud passing was the same as Krishna's complexion. A few minutes later it began to pour and I watched for a moment reminiscing about Africa in the rainy season. Days like these wouldn't find me on the porch, I thought. I'd be in the rain and picking up fallen mangoes. " would be nice to do it again", I thought. Wait a minute, when did I, of all people grow up? When? At that moment it was goodbye porch and in the rainstorm with my bead bag strolling along the road and chanting softly. It was like back then! I remembered a past time of Srila Prabhupada in LA and how he wanted to run up the stairs. He mentioned that those desires were still there but the body wasn't allowing it to happen anymore. In such a simple instance he showed the difference between the body and the soul. " Well I'd better enjoy this while I can, " I thought. Which led up to me writing about this now and which will lead me to the Kitchen afterwards to make some warm halava to offer to Krishna and then parttake in his remnants. On days like these my mom would make soup and my brother, cousins and I would eat and watch television. So what's a monk to do now? Halava, soup or somethng warm, definitely. And perhaps one of Srila Prabhupada's books instead of a movie will do.
P.S
No pictures lately because of dail- up connection. But I'll post some soon.

No comments: