Friday, April 10, 2009

UNRAVEL ME

A few months ago while visiting a friend in a big city, I had a conversation with is roommate, a very bright and open-minded fellow. He seemed a bit unhappy about his move to the city and as we talked I could sense that he was more than happy to let some of his thoughts out of his head.
"When I go to work, I walk pass practically flying ojects. People are so numb; walking towards the daily bread is what we do here."
As a monk travelling and meeting people I often come in contact with this mentality. Human society, as advanced in technology and science as it is now, has also drifted so far from home. We are so enamoured with the struggle for existence brought on by our dependence on external things that we are practically forgetting our very selves.
Personal exchanges have become a rare comoditiy, next to common sense and human etiquette. But what to do eh?
The Spiritual world is known as Vrindavan, I realize, for a special reason. Its full of persons- conscious persons. Although all individuals, they work toward a common goal, the supreme loveable object. In this way, everyone loves the next person and relationships thrive due to that loving exchange. Such a world is not so far from us, although as I walk around I search for it, lost somewhere.... covered by an alien hope that things, not exchanges make one happy.
just some thoughts this morning :)

No comments: