Thursday, March 6, 2008

LET JAGGED, and BEYOND









OK. . .



I'm in Vrindavan. wow!



SO here's what happened up til now. Ready? Set?




Tuesday:
I wake up with excitement about my flight today but feel a bit sick in the stomach. I ate very little yesterday so I’m not quite sure why I feel sick. Oh and then I am in Florida and its allergy season! That could be part of it. I take some yogurt and in fifteen minutes I feel a lot better. Kalakantha Prabhu notes jokingly this is not a good sign but the morning goes on smoothly from there.
At the airport my flight is delayed till two thirty, then three o’ seven and then ATC (air traffic control) lets the pilot know that all traffic is stopped from Orlando because it’s raining in Newark. Thinking of a thing we do at Krishna lunch when rain threatens our service I begin to pray to Krishna to stop the rain- I don’t want to miss my connecting flight so please- wait I want unmotivated love; not that I’ll love Krishna only if he stops the rain. So then I jokingly pray to Lord Indra, the demigod in charge of rain and remind him that Krishna once saved his devotees from a rainstorm many moons ago and all this took place in Vrindavan. I am trying to get to Vrindavan right now, you see.
The captain comes on right away; FAA says we can leave in 30 minutes. That’s better.
From the esoteric point of view I think Krishna is doing this to increase my eagerness to see the dahm. It’s like that frustrating game you play on a friend to keep them guessing which hand the coin is in. Yes, Krishna is a person; no, I’m not that qualified to play jokingly with him.



Realization:
The transcendental Autocrat is ever inviting us to associate with him through devotional loving exchanges. Better not to speculate what exchanges could be had, yet we should properly educate ourselves about matters beyond our sensuous gaze of inspection






V R I N D A V A N A






The flight was amazing, very smooth and of course, dressed like a monk i got so many questions. I met two students who were coming to India for the first time, completely unaware of how to even take a taxi. When we landed I took them to our Delhi Temple and a room was prepared for them. My driver speaks zero English and by Krishna's grace my Hindi came back immediately so i could translate between the students i met on the plane as well as tell him where i wanted to stay. For some reason when I'm in difficult language barrier situations, I'm forced to remember everything. If asked to just speak Hindi, I'll probably stammer or something. Indian traffic is so exciting, you can't fall asleep no matter how tired you may feel! There's constant horns and traffic jams and cows and ppl and everything else imaginable on the road.



I finally get to the temple guesthouse at three am. Devotees are already waking up for morning meditation and I run into a few old friends. I'm exhausted but wide awake so i decide to go for the morning program also. After that Vrindavan Parikrama,a two hour barefoot walk around the holy city, paying my respects to the different temple and deities and of course stopping for a quick drink from the Yamuna River. I missed everything so much and I am going to use every moment I have while here to serve the village and devotees. The monkeys and cows are already up and running about the place. The pigs are still asleep and little new born puppies are everywhere.



I went to sleep around 9 am and woke up at 4pm still feeling a little jet lagged. there's more to tell but I'll write later.



much love



Kesh

No comments: