Saturday, March 29, 2008

PARTY LIKE A KRISHNA STAR






Yesterday there was a cool dust storm while I was at Radhakunda. Sitting at the banks I watched as these dark clouds approached and then stirred the dust so much that the visibility was about 30 percent. Now thats a lotta dust in the air. So much so that as i got up the wind carried 175 pounds of me! It reminded me of a story when Krishna was kidnapped by this mystic demon who took the form of a tornado and raised the roof... i mean the dust. After that i ran into a friend of mine, Damodar, from Canada. He's studying sanskrit at our sanskrit school in Govardhana. We also got to steal sugar cane from a passing truck with thousands on it. YUP. monks steal sugar cane :) you have to. its so tempting to be mischiveous in vrindavan. the right kind of mischeif tho. One ppl can laugh at later, not one you'd be hated for forever.


This morning we had our boat festival. The courtyard of the temple was filled with water and decorated with flower designs and the temple dieties were places on a peacock boat and rowed around. We should try that in gainesville.. fill the temple with.. oh wait we shoudn't.

The temple here has a sunken in courtyard:) There were This boat festival takes place in the spiritual world along with many other awesome pastimes. I shouldn't forget all the singing and dancing that went on as well. Vidos wiil be shown when I return. One day after we're all purified, we can see these things in the devine forest as described here:





In a temple of jewels in Vrndavana, underneath a desire tree, Sri Sri
Radha‑Govinda, served by Their most confidential associates, sit upon an
effulgent throne. I offer my humble obeisances unto Them.






Sri Srila Gopinatha, who originated the transcendental mellow of the rasa
dance, stands on the shore in Vamsivata and attracts the attention of the
cowherd damsels with the sound of His celebrated flute. May they all confer
upon us their benediction.
So yup, the spiritual world is a very cool place to be. With a straw between my teeth I bow before you all and humbly beg you to please give up your material hankerings and come be part of the eternal amorous pastimes of our most dear friend Krishna.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love sugar cane! I wish I could have been there to steal one too :)

I think we SHOULD fill the Gainesville temple with water, it'd be fun. See you soon!

- Chris C.